Wednesday, December 2, 2009

45 important life lessons I have learnt this semester.


1. Flying loses its appeal very quickly.
2. Americans really do have great teeth.
3. When you need to look sad, think of a bear...dying...eating another bear.
4. You miss the smallest things about home the most.
5. Vodka pineapple, Jagerbombs, Tiffany, a pack of cards and your crowd of rowdy International girls is all you need for a really good night.
6. I am actually very patriotic and proud of my country... who knew?
7. "Having the shits" means being annoyed in Australian... snigger.
8. Hill Billies really do exist - witnessed on the Interstate to Atlanta.
9. People really do think that if you live in England, you live in London. And think it's funny when you quote Forgetting Sarah Marshall , "it sounds l
ike you're from LUN-DUN!". No, I am not. And I am quite obviously not a cockney, either.
10. You can make some of your closest friends in the space of a few short months.
11. English skin can tan.
12. Skype has prevented me having a nervous breakdown.
13. The old adage "you don't know what you've got 'till it's gone", is so, so true.
14. Sweet tea, raw cookie dough, Marble Slab ice cream, black bean burritos from Moe's, unlimited pancakes at IHOP, and Insom
nia Cookies make everything better.
15. I really, really, really love my family and my friends from home.
16. I actually enjoy watching American Football....
17.... but can't play it to save my life.
18. Thanksgiving is pretty much a holiday celebrating food. And therefore one of the best holidays ever.
19. I am pretty much married to my room mate Rachael. We argue over toilet roll.
20. Teenage girls are pretty much the same, regardless of which country they come from... and I love them all.
21. South Carolina has the most beautiful sunsets.
22. Porching is a great pastime.
23. I couldn't live without Ed. And our four hour long Skype chats.
24. It is perfectly acceptable to shout "COCKS!!!" at the top of your voice, as long as you're in the vicinity of William Brice Stadium.... or any Gamecock fans.
25. Frat boys really are exactly the same as in the movies.
26. Jumper = Babygro, pecan is pronounced pe KANN and aluminium is spelt differently.
27. When you're an underage drinker, whenever you see any police, at any time of the day, you immediately feel very guilty, and as if you should possibly jump behind the nearest wall.
28. I could live in San Franciso.
29. "Holla!" is a perfectly acceptable greeting.
30. I want to be a Hooters girl.
31. I have a lot of Tiffany's sisters.
32. They really use Solo red cups here... and play beer pong like it's their job.
33. American dollars are not Monopoly money.
34. I have made friends that I hope I keep forever.
35. Monsoon standards of rain is pretty average in South Carolina.
36. I love seafood...especially clam chowder and fried calamari and apricot sauce!
37.Americans really do say "y'all", "awesome" and "holla"... and now I do too.
38. I love sky diving.
39. American rap music is funny... strangely enjoyable.
40.I love all my new international friends
41. And my friends from high school
42. And from Warwick
43. And my family
44. And Ed.
45. I am the luckiest girl in the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment